Have you thought about running for office? Do you know a Republican that should run for office but may need a little boost? Don’t wait, start preparing your campaign!
2022 State and Federal Positions
The Oregon Secretary of State’s office is a good place to start. There you will find a list of public offices for which the Secretary of State will accept declarations of candidacy or petitions for nomination or election for the 2022 primary election.
Run for Local Office
Perhaps you prefer to run or volunteer for local office. There are many types of positions to consider. School Board, Fire and Water Districts, City Council and a whole lot more. To get started, download So You Want to Run for Local Office.
Should You Run for Office
Perhaps you have thought about it but wondering if you should. The American Majority is a conservative training organization that trains, organizes, mobilizes, and equips new grassroots conservative leaders. They believe meaningful, lasting political change starts not in Washington, but at state and local levels. They offer a FREE MINI Course Should You Run for Office? They also offer several other courses both online and seminars held around the country.
We Must Work Together
The 2020 elections will be big and we must work together to get more Republicans to office. A run for office is not easy but by working together, we can Turn Oregon Red. The Oregon Secretary of State will start accepting declaration of candidacy on September 12, 2019 and the deadline is not later than 5 PM, March 10, 2020. The primary election will be held May 19, 2020 and the General election November 3, 2020.
Oregon Secretary of State and Local Manuals
- Election Calendar
- Political Party Manual
- Oregon Voting and Voter Registration
- State Candidate’s Manual – revised sept 2021
- So You Want to Run For Local Office
- County, City and District Candidate’s Manual
- School Board Candidate Guide
- Election Law – Oregon Secretary of State (rev 3-2016)
- Candidate “Quick Guide” on Campaign Finance Reporting in Oregon
- Campaign Finance updated 2020
Initiative and Referendum
- State Initiative and Referendum Manual
- County, City and District Initiative and Referendum Manual
- County, City and District Referral Manual (for governing bodies and elections officials)
- Recall Manual
- Circulator Training
- State Voters’ Pamphlet Manual
- Oregon Motor Voter Registration Manual
- Vote by Mail Procedures Manual Restrictions on Political Campaigning by Public Employees – ORS 260.432
- Quick Reference – Restrictions on Political Campaigning for Public Employees
- Election Law Summary
ORESTAR User Manuals
- Candidate Filing
- Statement of Organization
- Transaction Filing
- Voters’ Pamphlet Filing
- Campaign Financing – Oregon Secretary of State (rev 6-18-2018)